[isf-wifidog] Trouble with Wifi Install

Rajendra Jagad rjagad at gmail.com
Sam 26 Aou 13:08:33 EDT 2006

Hello Patel and Benoit, You guys were right on the the dot. I removed
Postgresql and re-install it and now the service starts like It should.
I ran a find command to grep any 'unable to connect to database' that shows
when I pull up the index.php however that comment is only in the
install.phpfile. So I am not sure if
index.php does check on install.php before it starts.
Line 810 and 849 are the two places where the unable to connect to database
shows in the install.php script. the problem is 810 is commented out. and If
I remove those comments '#" the script will not display in firefox. what is
the reason of commting out the following script lines in install.php does
anybody remember ?

         print "Success<BR>";
         #}
#        } else {
#          print "Unable to connect to database on
$CONF_DATABASE_HOST<BR>The database must be online to continue.<BR>Please go
back and retry with correct values";
#          navigation(array(array("title" => "Back", "page" =>
"database")));

        $postgresql_info = pg_version();
#        $postgresql_info['server'];
#        if ($postgresql_info['server'] > $requiredPostgeSQLVersion) { Todo
: Do something }

    Apprecaite the help ---------------------------------I am making
progress.....slowly...

Raj