[isf-wifidog] Q: Configuring a standard AP to see a

V Patel sgrlogs at gmail.com
Jeu 24 Aou 18:35:33 EDT 2006

Hi Wireless Guy,

>From what I know, you need two network cards on gateway,  eth0 and eth1.
Eth0 will be connected to AP and eth1 connected to authserver or the network
that has your auth-server.  You also need to setup bridging or forwarding
between eth0 or eth1. I think you probably have already done that since you
said client can see the login page.

[AP]------>eth0 [GATEWAY] eth1
------------>[switch/router]-------->auth-server

Gateway should be configured to act as dhcp server if you're using dhcp and
configure eth1. Assign static ip to eth0 (lets say 10.0.0.1/255.255.255.0)
so in AP you would put.

IP: 10.0.0.2 (or whatever in that pool)
subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway 10.0.0.1 (ip of eth0 on gateway)
DNS:  10.0.0.1 (same as gateway, you can also use your isp dns if your
nework is configured properly)

--V Patel