[isf-wifidog] Q: Configuring a standard AP to see a gateway?

Wireless Guy wirelessguy at optonline.net
Jeu 24 Aou 14:46:34 EDT 2006

Hello,

I do not have access to a WRT or other such device I can use to build a
wifidog AP but I do have a spare linux box sitting here.

I have successfully configured a client gateway on a linux box and gotten
it to see an auth server
(so things are looking good).

However, I  have not been able to figure out what I need in order to
configure the Access point I have to connect properly.
Perhaps I need a different AP, but for now there seems to be few settings I
have to work with.

Basically, I'm trying to get the AP to force a route to the gateway which
then redirects me to the auth until I've validated my login info.

The fields I have to work with are
wan IP:
Gateway IP:
DNS1, DNS2, DNS3

My guess was that both the gateway and DNS servers should be pointing to my
linux gateway box but I'm not sure.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get things working??? Am I totally
off base?

This should work internally should it not?

Do I need to have a VPN capable access point in order to try this from an
external source (like a neighbors house)?

Thanks.
- W