[isf-wifidog] WifiDog Smarty translations

François Proulx fproulx at edito.qc.ca
Mer 23 Aou 01:15:46 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

Today, I have finally solved the problem we've been having for many
months regarding translation of strings with variables in our Smarty
templates.

All we needed is to know the awkward Smarty syntax. So here is how to
use it, if you are playing with the templates.

ex.
{"The %s network currently has %d valid users."|_|sprintf:
$networkName:$networkNumValidUsers}

It is basically piping the sprintf-formatted string to Gettext for
i18n, then filtering it through the sprintf for spot replacements. I
updated the scripts to match the new regexp and fully updated the
French translations, this will be committed along with other stuff
before I leave for Boston next week.

See ya !
François