[isf-wifidog] How to enable two GatewayInterfaces for Wifidog

berry groenendijk berry.groenendijk at gmail.com
Lun 7 Aou 17:48:42 EDT 2006

Dear Wifidog mailinglist,

I am using an OpenWrt router (or a FreiFunk router, it does not matter in
this case). Also running is OLSR. For OLSR to function correctly, the router
is in Ad-Hoc mode. For Ad-Hoc mode to function correctly the LAN and the
Wifi interface should be splitted.

So I have:
lan_ifname=br0
lan_ifnames=vlan0 eth2 eth3
lan_ipaddr=192.168.1.1
lan_netmask=255.255.255.0

and:
wifi_ifname=eth1
wifi_ipaddr=104.3.3.65
wifi_netmask=255.0.0.0

I think lan_ifname=br0 could also be lan_ifname=vlan0. That is perhaps
better. Anyway.

I also have wifidog running. But, I can only enable wifidog for either br0
OR eth1. Not both at the same time. Question is: is it possible to have the
LAN interface separated from the Wifi interface but at same time have
Wifidog capturing both the Lan traffic AND the Wifi traffic?

I have been looking at NoCatSplash which does this. But, NoCatSplash does
not seem to be as stable as Wifidog. I really would like to run Wifidog.

Thanks very much for your help.

Berry.