[isf-wifidog] gotta change cron/page.php

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Dim 30 Avr 23:21:24 EDT 2006

On April 30, 2006 02:28 pm, Max Horváth wrote:
> - gpg control packet
> Sorry for my long absense ...
>
> > the problem is that we're getting of emails from this cron monitor
> > that throws messages every five minutes it seems until the downage
> > is fixed.
> >
> > i'd like to use cron/page.php, but i need to make some changes.
> >
> > * to send emails to a list
> > * not to rely on the node tech officer (since we don't seem to be
> > using that field)
> > * not to send repititious email
> > * send an email once when a threshold is crossed and then a
> > reminder once a day.
> > * send an email when the node comes back up.
>
> We should either add a email-field, where to send emails to - or we
> should use the tech officers email address.
>
> Emails should be sent to the networks administrator and to the
> hotspot owner. The email sent, when a node comes up again should only
> be sent to the networks admin.

Emails shouldn't go to hostspot owners unless they are ALSO tech officiers.
Hotspot owners are the actual owners of the venue, not every group will want
to make them administrators automatically.

Off course these thresholds should be configurable.

> I'd even be very happy if we'd have a cron section in the admin area.
> WiFiDog doesn't need to rely on cron as is, cause the routers call
> the WiFiDog auth server all the time (heartbeat signal) ... so we
> could add a very nice cron-like system to the auth server ...

Cleanup.php already uses such a system.  However implementing our own or one
of the existing pseudo-cron systems would be much friendlyer and decrease
server load.

--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/