[isf-wifidog] Send email apon attempted internet access

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Mar 18 Avr 02:41:35 EDT 2006

On April 18, 2006 01:46 am, Jason Potter wrote:
> Hi There,
>

> A friend of mine was in Paris recently and came across a hotspot that sent
> him an email automatically telling him he was in a hotspot and the url to
> go to login.  He had not entered any details at this point.  Any ideas on
> how this would be done?  Could it be something WiFi-Dog could do?

They run a POP and (possibly IMAP) daemon that always has a single message
with the instructions.  It only works if you try to check you mail with a POP
or IMAP client (not webmail).

It would be quite possible to write such a thing as a wifidog gateway module,
we even discussed it at one point.  But no one is working on it or (as far as
I know) planning to work on it.

--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/