[isf-wifidog] Re: Customising portal

Patrick Dinnen pdinnen at gmail.com
Mar 4 Avr 06:55:51 EDT 2006

> Am 02.04.2006 um 05:33 schrieb Maya Wiseman:

[snip.]
>> 2. Social software: characterised by user's ability to give
>> 'meaningful' imputs to the system. If soc. soft. is still part of
>> the mandate then it's important, in principle, to allow
>> applications that rely on identifying users to plug in.

I'd like to chime in with a 'me too' vote for Maya's request that the it
be possible to plug external applications into the WiFi Dog structure.

It seems like there's a huge potential for interesting applications
given a) user location and b) information on other users. Having some
method for accessing that data externally, rather than requiring all
applications be built into WiFi Dog, seems like a good option to me.

My couple of cents. Patrick