[isf-wifidog] quick update from the conference

Michael Lenczner mlenczner at gmail.com
Dim 2 Avr 15:26:55 EDT 2006

just to give people a quick update.

everyone here is very impressed with ISF and especially with Wifidog.
2-3 new groups *will* be using it.  and 2-3 others are looking very
seriously at it.  for example we just had a discussion with the head
of Austin Wireless who are running a network of 100 nodes and 40,000
users using NoCat.  It's pretty apparent that they will be trying to
switch their network to the dog.

Our panel (benoit, Gabe from Wireless Toronto, Alison, me and Jo from
London, WSFII) kicked ass.  There is no other way to put it.  45
people came (a lot considering there were 4 streams) and we brought a
really important message about what we're doing up in Montreal and
Toronto that is *very* different from what's happening in the rest of
the CWN movement.  And they loved hearing that message - especially at
this time when community wireless is trying to distinguish itself from
municipal wireless.

I'm trying to listen to the finishing address, but I need to highlight
how important it was that Benoit was here and what an amazing job he
did.  There were a lot of smart, technical people here, and the fact
that they could talk with him was absolutely crucial.  A lot of the
great stuff that will come out of this is directly due to people
hearing his presentation and having conversations with him over meals
and coffeebreaks.

felicitations, Benoit.

See you all at the next meeting