[isf-wifidog] Wifidog validation email bug fix

Proulx François fproulx at edito.qc.ca
Ven 16 Sep 15:35:31 EDT 2005

I just fixed a major bug that has been around for many months. Our
validation email (inside Ile Sans Fil) were not fully RFC822
compliant, because we have non ASCII compatible characters in our
UTF-8 subject lines... Some email servers would even totally ignore
the email and discard them !!! I also realized that php
mb_encode_mimeheader function do not return fully compliant data so I
had to write a little bit of code... I created a new Mail class to
keep it nice and tight. The class is stateless and 100% indenpendent,
so it is reusable in any project.

This was a major issue for Ile Sans Fil since we might have lost a
few users who never receive the confirmation email ! It's been tested
on some of the most reluctant servers... We are now running it in
production.

Have fun