[isf-wifidog] Auth server setup

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Jeu 15 Sep 11:02:12 EDT 2005

On September 15, 2005 06:53 am, Max Horváth wrote:
> Okay,
>
> problem fixed.
>
> Unfortuntly Wifidog auth server doesn't like eAcclerator.
>
> But there is a chance to speed up PHP scripts at least a little bit
> (not having to completely disable eAccelerator):
>
> Change the following line in php.ini:
>
> eaccelerator.optimizer="1"
>
> to:
>
> eaccelerator.optimizer="0"
>
> Do the maindevelopers have any clue which parts of Wifidog auth
> server could be responsible for the conflict?

I have no idea, we never used it, and the documentation fo eAcelerator doesn't
mention anything that needs to be changed or avoided in PHP.  However, the
homepage mentions "There are also some problems with eAccelerator segfaulting
on dual processor and 64-bit machines and we can't find the problem."

Are you in that situation?

--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/