[isf-wifidog] Auth server 1.0, status report.

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Ven 9 Sep 00:27:48 EDT 2005

> I also released wifidog-auth-1.0.0m1, first released on sourceforge.
> Version 1.0.0-stable will follow in the next few weeks.

Speaking of which a little status report is in order. Many RFEs have been
closed in the last few days.  Of the 20 that are left, 8 are flagged to be
filled before we can release 1.0:

-Send mail when a hotspot goes down, to be completed by philippe in the next
few days.
-Make admin interface consistent, François, mostly done.
-Port all legacy code to the new abstractions, mostly me, lot of work has been
done, much still left.
-Runtime dependency detection, Pasclal.  Alot of it has been done with the
install script work, we probably need to synchronise so we have a public
-interface so modules can disable themselves when the dependency isn't met.
-Remove Smarty support  Probably me.  Partly done.  Will require writing a
proper error handler to be done cleanly.  There is a very sizeable chunk of
work left.
-SQL schema update unit test.  No one took it up yet
-Support for MySql 4.1 with InnoDb.  No one took it up yet

Off course, a sizeable amount of polishing and documentation also has to be
done.  Bud we are definitely making progress.

--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/