[isf-wifidog] WRT54G v5? What are people moving to?

Mina Naguib mina at naguib.ca
Lun 31 Oct 22:39:08 EST 2005

I'm no business analyst, but:

Linksys is now a Cisco company.  It was in cisco's best interest to
turn the WRT54Gs "closed" so that it can no longer pose any threat to
their medium/high end appliances (not talking high-end switching/
routing here, but for example VOIP gateways).

Now, seeing the phenomenal success in the hacker community, it would
not surprise me if other companies seize the opportunity to emphasize
platform openness in their offerings to they can capture the market
that groups like us represent.

Just my $0.02 (CAD)

and I second the notion of stockpiling enough WRT54G non-v5s to carry
us over for 1/1.5 years while this boils over.