[isf-wifidog] Radius Accounting & Windows Firmware Installer

Joe Bowser bowserj at resist.ca
Jeu 27 Oct 03:16:53 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 08:43 +0200, Max Horváth wrote:
> > I think the answer is writing a decent UI for OpenWRT with WiFiDog
> > config options, which is half of what I've been working on as of late,
> > and I would highly recommend that something added on to nbd's
> > interface
> > ( http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic?id=2697 ) be looked into.  It's
> > probably the best interface I've seen, and it's much better than
> > wrestling around with the alternatives out there.  A nice add-on to
> > the
> > UI with the basic config options would probably do wonders once
> > this is
> > up and going.
>
> That's what I been doing ...
>
> I just took nbd's great webif package and customized it.
>
> Basicly what I did was to remove a lot of stuff I didn't wnated to be
> set by a hotspot owner and added an easy little configuration page
> for WiFiDog. If I wouldn't have removed some stuff and translated
> everything into german I'd already have relased it to the WiFiDog
> community - but knowing of how easy the webif package can be
> customized I thought there would be no demand.

Well, I think that there is a demand.  I just don't want to be
re-inventing the wheel all the time, which is a lot of what I seem to be
doing as of late.  Even if it's trivial, I'm already doing other
customizations and anything to decrease the amount of work I have to do
would help.  I'm sure a lot of other people are thinking the same thing.

I think this is the exact response I was hoping for when I wrote this
e-mail up.  Thanks! :)

--
Joe Bowser <bowserj at resist.ca>