[isf-wifidog] Open-portal mode

Chris Larson cklarson at gmail.com
Mar 25 Oct 15:55:13 EDT 2005

> There's a couple of ways to do it, but I have to say I'm working on
> some code in Wifidog to just show up a disclaimer (or nothing) and
> forward to a defined URL, so there would be no need for an
> authentication server in case you did not want any.

 What is the status of this? I'm in great need of an open-portal solution
that runs well on a wrt54gs in a high-traffic coffee shop scenario. What
you've described sounds ideal. I have several sites for whom authentication
is very much not wanted. It'll only serve to confuse/intimidate/annoy users,
and my experiences with nocatsplash have been frustrating to say the least.
 Thanks much,
 Chris