[isf-wifidog] Issues regarding OpenWRTs firewalling

Max Horváth max.horvath at maxspot.de
Mer 19 Oct 09:50:32 EDT 2005

Well, no ... actually this Whiterussian IS OpenWRT Experimental ...
and this problem still exists ... even on the newest CVS checkout of
whiterussian.

BUT we got a solution how to fix it ... so we should close this bug
as long as we would either include the description for the fix in the
README or if we'd provide our own S45firewall script.

IF we would provide our own firewall script we COULD then of course
think about if we should provide a few basic scripts - let's say one
like it is right now or for example one with some light restrictions
and one with heavier restrictions ...

So ... what should we do?

Cheers from rainy Germany, Max!

Am 19.10.2005 um 13:54 schrieb Philippe April:

> On 19-Oct-05, at 2:54 AM, Max Horváth wrote:
>
>> This I'd like to talk abou firewalling OpenWRT.
>>
>> First we got a bug in the bugtracker:
>> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
>> func=detail&aid=1210428&group_id=102646&atid=632424
>>
>> I think this bug could be closed as long as we would include a
>> note in the gateway's README about how to change the default
>> S45firewall script. Or we should provide our own version of the
>> S45firewall script in the gateway package.
>>

> The bug is on OpenWRT experimental, which is old and buggy.
>
> Whirerussian RC3 is out, and I can't replicate the issue. Have you
> tried it on it?
>
> If you can replicate using RC3, I'll leave the bug open, otherwise
> I'll close it if you don't mind.

Max Horváth
Chief Technology Officer

maxspot GmbH