[isf-wifidog] Issues regarding OpenWRTs firewalling

Ian White ian.white at datamile-computers.com
Mer 19 Oct 09:10:48 EDT 2005

ipp2p is compiled into iptables on publicip version.

you can then use -ipp2p in your iptables rules to drop the traffic or
route it to a very low throttle chain.

Often best to let some traffic through, as the pp2p gets clever as you
try to defeat it.

> ah
>
> http://blog.publicip.com/2005/08/new-additions.html
>
> "IPP2P: User requested. The zoneCD can block file sharing protocols
> per class. IPP2P will block Internet access for eDonkey, eMule,
> Kademlia, KaZaA, FastTrack, Gnutella, Direct Connect, BitTorrent,
> AppleJuice, WinMX, SoulSeek, Ares, and AresLite. See
> http://www.ipp2p.org/"
>
> On 10/19/05, Michael Lenczner <mlenczner at gmail.com> wrote:
> > publicip did something regarding p2p.  can't find the link
> >
> > On 10/19/05, Max Horváth <max.horvath at maxspot.de> wrote:
> > > Me again today ;) ...
> > >
> > > This I'd like to talk abou firewalling OpenWRT.
> > >
> > > First we got a bug in the bugtracker:
> > > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=1210428&group_id=102646&atid=632424

> > > I think this bug could be closed as long as we would include a
note in the
> > > gateway's README about how to change the default S45firewall
script. Or we
> > > should provide our own version of the S45firewall script in the
gateway
> > > package.
> > >
> > > The next thing I'd like to talk about is advanced firewalling in
OpenWRT.