[isf-wifidog] Issues regarding OpenWRTs firewalling

Max Horváth max.horvath at maxspot.de
Mer 19 Oct 02:54:17 EDT 2005

Me again today ;) ...

This I'd like to talk abou firewalling OpenWRT.

First we got a bug in the bugtracker:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=1210428&group_id=102646&atid=632424

I think this bug could be closed as long as we would include a note
in the gateway's README about how to change the default S45firewall
script. Or we should provide our own version of the S45firewall
script in the gateway package.

The next thing I'd like to talk about is advanced firewalling in
OpenWRT. Has anybody running Shorewall besides WiFiDog on OpenWRT?  I
didn't try yet - but I think it won't work just out of the box. What
I'd like to do ist to block some traffic like Bittorrent or eDonkey.
I think I could solve this problem by adding some stuff to the
firewall section of wifidog.conf - has anybody done this?

So long, Max!

--
Max Horváth
Chief Technology Officer