[isf-wifidog] Some stuff regarding translations

Max Horváth max.horvath at maxspot.de
Mer 19 Oct 02:02:17 EDT 2005

Hi all,

this is about some issues I came across while translating WiFiDog
into german.

First I talked to Francois and Benoit about changing some code in
WiFiDog, because some sentences need to be rearranged for a
reasonable order of words.

The next thing I came across is the spelling of some words. For
example we spell the word HotSpot in this three ways: HotSpot,
Hotspot and hotspot. We need to adjust such use of words. Therefor I
will compile a list of words and post it on the list.

The next thing I'd like to discuss about is the use of the words
HotSpot and node. I know that a HotSpot could(!) consist of more than
one node. But I think we should decide to only use either the word
HotSpot or node. Especially in german the translation of the word
node sounds just terrible.

I think there are going to be two types of wireless networks. Single
nodes and a mesh network. In case it is a single node network I'd
like to stick to the word HotSpot, because the common visitor of a
HotSpot knows the meaning of it. Only in case of a mesh network the
word node should be used.

So, I hope this is going to be decided soon.

Regards, Max!

--
Max Horváth
Chief Technology Officer