[isf-wifidog] Bug in wifidog-gateway

Philippe April isf_lists at philippeapril.com
Ven 7 Oct 10:46:42 EDT 2005

Hi,

We found the cause and fix for a bug or two that we've been hunting
for months.

Wifidog would crash sporadically every now and then (usually at
places where traffic is pretty high).

If sent something like this:

GET /xxxxxx?novariable_or_anything

(there's no var=value pattern). Wifidog will segfault.

And also if you send a "." in the QUERY_STRING, and there's not more
than 5 characters after.

GET /xxxxxx?xxxxxxx.xx

I got that while I was starting wifidog somewhere, a client would
keep sending a request like that and wifidog would crash every time.

The bug is in libhttpd, and the fix has just been committed to CVS on
the 3rd and 1.1.3_beta1 released (just now), with all the new
features that Mina merged recently.

Try it to achieve ultimate (ok... there might be a few more bugs)
stability :P, and give feedback, as always! ;)

(you can find the ipkg for whiterussian on sourceforge.)

Philippe April
GnuPG http://key.philippeapril.com