[isf-wifidog] configure client bypass

Philippe April isf_lists at philippeapril.com
Mar 4 Oct 22:30:40 EDT 2005

Basically what we do is this:

nvram set wifi_ifname=eth1
nvram set wifi_ifnames=eth1
nvram set wifi_ipaddr=192.168.10.1
nvram set wifi_netmask=255.255.255.0
nvram set wifi_proto=static

nvram set lan_ifnames=(everything you had but eth1)
nvram set lan_ipaddr=192.168.1.1
nvram set lan_netmask=255.255.255.0

Then make sure dnsmasq gives DHCP on the new subnet 192.168.10.1, and
instead of using br0 for wifidog, use eth1.

If you don't understand everything in here (dnsmasq part, etc.) feel
free to ask.

Basically what this does is that instead of having the two interfaces
(LAN ports and WIFI) bridged, we split it... so everything hooked to
the LAN ports won't have wifidog.

Or you can bypass by specifying the mac addresses in the config like
Kaouete said but I think it's only in the CVS for now, we will
release a new version soon.

Philippe April
GnuPG http://key.philippeapril.com