[isf-wifidog] OpenVPN

Philippe April isf_lists at philippeapril.com
Jeu 24 Nov 16:57:14 EST 2005

We use openvpn in Ile sans Fil to get access to the routers when
they're behind other infrastructure in cafes.

At some places, it would simply be impossible to ask the owners to do
port forwarding to our equipment, therefore we decided to opt for the
solution that would work everytime: a tunnel initiated from the
routers to our main server.

We do monitoring through the VPN (SNMP, other stuff), maintenance, etc.

Does that answer your question?

Philippe April
GnuPG http://key.philippeapril.com