[isf-wifidog] Re: profiles

Saul Albert saul at twenteenthcentury.com
Jeu 17 Nov 14:50:48 EST 2005

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 02:24:36PM -0500, Michael Lenczner wrote:
> pascal, francois - this is a good presentation on identity.  it's
> relevant to what we're doing with profiles - considering we eventually
> want to allow users to use third party services like:
>
> -jabber
> -map annotation
> -calendar syndication
> -etc
>
> Web 2.0 High Order Bit - Identity 2.0
> http://www.identity20.com/media/WEB2_2005/

Hey ilesansfillers,

The powerpoint tail wags the presenter dog.. what an.. erm.. interesting
performance.

We looked at openid http://openid.net/ which does seem to work. he says
'not a lot of features'. hmm. how many features does it need?

He also said 'good for blogs'.

That's good enough for me.

Jo looked at the pyhton implementation and said it was messy, but they
already have it implemented on LiveJournal, Typekey, Moveable Type, and a
bunch of other things.

I'm very interesteed to hear what people's opinions are on this one -
it's an important one when dealing with lots of sources.. as we've
found..

Cheers,

Saul.