[isf-wifidog] Re: profiles

Joe Bowser bowserj at resist.ca
Jeu 17 Nov 01:48:41 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 20:13 -0500, Michael Lenczner wrote:
> to get people laid.
>
> and such.
>
> mainly to increase user interaction at hotspots.  so when A logs in,
> he sees that B, C, and D are already logged in.  He can click on any
> of those that have filled in their profile.  Profile will have link to
> blog, avatar, etc.

I honestly think that this is one of the main things that WiFiDog-Auth
would have going for it with respect to the community.  While it's all
nice to have a working portal, that's already being done by the
Commercial Providers out here in Vancouver, and doesn't really catch
people's interest.

What DOES catch people's interest is how it can connect people in their
communities.  While it can be used for picking up, I think the actual
implications for what it can be used for are much larger.  Especially
when you take WiFiDog out of the Commercial setting, and into other,
residental places as part of a public interface to a larger mesh network
(which is what my WiFiDog router often does).

That's my $0.02 on this subject.

--
Joe Bowser <bowserj at resist.ca>