[isf-wifidog] WifiDog UI Diagrams and page map

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Lun 14 Nov 12:25:28 EST 2005

On November 14, 2005 12:12 pm, Rob Janes wrote:
> awesome.  if i understand you correctly, you are saying you are going to
> do exactly what i was suggesting.  to whit -
>
> * split stylesheet.css into two files, one very large and suitable for
> <link> tag usage, the other very small and made for smarty template
> inclusion.
> * based the smarty template css in the local_content subdirectories.
>
> if that's so, i could help things along a bit ... since i have already
> made all the necessary code changes to my copy of wifidog-auth.

Not exactly.  As I posted before, we we not entirely remove the local_content
system, because of the need of CSS designers to use images.  While we could
force them to refer to images stored in the database, that would likely be
quite...unpopular as a solution.

What we will do is break up the stylesheet so it no longer has to be inline
(anywhere).  There will be one global
stylesheet (stored and versionned in CVS, and included everywhere), one
optional stylesheet per network (stored in a to be created network directory)
and one optionnal stylesheet per
hotspot.  The upload-download in those directorie will be managed by wifidog,
so all the stylesheet will be able to do relative links to images in their
directory.  This will allow us to solve the path and allow designers to
easely play with images for special effects.  It will eventually grow into a
very simple styling engine.
--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/