[isf-wifidog] NYCwireless Network Neutrality Broadband Challenge

Dana Spiegel dana at nycwireless.net
Mer 2 Nov 12:34:30 EST 2005

In light of SBC CEO Edward Whitacre’s comments about charging websites a
fee for providing services to SBC broadband customers, NYCwireless is
launching the NYCwireless Network Neutrality Broadband Challenge.

NYCwireless is challenging every company that provides broadband
services in NYC to make a public statement supporting the 4 Network
Neutrality principles outlined below. We will keep a scorecard on the
NYCwireless website showing which companies have shown a commitment to
free trade and open access by embracing these principles.

Broadband Challenge:
http://www.nycwireless.net/tiki-index.php?page=BroadbandChallange

Broadband Challenge Scorecard:
http://www.nycwireless.net/tiki-index.php?page=BroadbandChallengeScoreCard

Every provider should include a web page with their public statement on
their own websites. We suggest that the URL to find a provider’s stance
on Network Neutrality be made available to the Internet community via
the URL http://YourISPWebsite/neutral.html.

--
Dana Spiegel
Executive Director