[isf-wifidog] MySQL support

Daniel y2k_daniel at gmx.de
Mar 31 Mai 14:07:17 EDT 2005

Hi,

> Hayden Myers wrote:
> I decided it was more beneficial for me to learn
> postgres and just deal with the incompatibility issues.

Ok you want to learn postgresql. I want to run wifidog-auth on my existing environment.
That's the difference ;-) The website says there is mysql support so i asked how i can use it.

> I think postgres
> may be a better database server than mysql anyways.  I know the version we
> have on the server doesn't support stored procedures amongst many other
> things I'm sure.

Please don't missunderstand me but that's a discussion i don't want to start.
L*nux is worse/better than M$
Intel is worse/better than AMD
ATI is worse/better than Nvidia
or...
Postgresql is worse/better than MySQL

It depends on what you want to do with it :)

I see it's difficult in the existing stage of development to implement a working MySQL layer.
Maybe it's impossible in the future cause the complexity grows with each build.

I like the simplicity of wifidog but the missing database abstraction layer makes it difficult.

Thanks for all so far.
I'll watch this project. If our community has enough money to rent a new server i'll think about running postgresql on it.

greetings
Daniel