[isf-wifidog] MySQL support

Hayden Myers hayden at spinbox.com
Mar 31 Mai 11:26:54 EDT 2005

My boss wanted us to use MySQL for a similar reason.  As a postgres
newbie, I went through the schema and ran into some issues where postgres
specific functions were used for things such as data validation, time, and
null values.  I went on the net and began to google on postgres and mysql
differences to make a successful conversion.   Once I got the schema under
control, I began to realize that a lot of the queries in the php code were
also database specific.  I decided it was more beneficial for me to learn
postgres and just deal with the incompatibility issues.  I think postgres
may be a better database server than mysql anyways.  I know the version we
have on the server doesn't support stored procedures amongst many other
things I'm sure.

Hayden Myers