[isf-wifidog] Re: MySQL support

y2k_Daniel at gmx.de y2k_Daniel at gmx.de
Mar 31 Mai 06:23:59 EDT 2005

Hi,
first of all thanks for the interesting discussion.

.
> MySQL support is certainly possible, but at what cost, and it would
> be a pain to keep it updated. I won't do it. If someone needs it I
> can send him the file I used to generate the tables... But I'd say
> it's not worth it.

Hmm lot of work i see. I thought it would be easier cause there was MySQL
support in the past. In my opinion it's important to support other DB
servers and not only postgresql. For example MySQL is already installed on
many servers. It would be good if you can use it for wifidog too. Not
everyone likes to install a additional db service (administration, security,
updates and last but not least memory/cpu load issues). I don't want to talk
about advantages / disadvantages of postgresql or mysql or $whatever_db.

bye Daniel