[isf-wifidog] MySQL support

Mina Naguib webmaster at topfx.com
Lun 30 Mai 21:23:08 EDT 2005

On 30-May-05, at 5:44 PM, Alexandre Carmel-Veilleux wrote:

> On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 12:07:42PM -0400, Mina Naguib wrote:
>

>> Just as an aside here, I'm starting to get the hunch we're may be
>> running into some PHP awkwardnesses.  I'd be happy to be enlightened
>> to otherwise.
>>

>     PHP gives you the MySQL C API and nothing else. The C API doesn't
> implement the features you mention. Sure you're not thinking about
> Perl's
> DBI? ;-)

Perl's DBI encourages the use of placeholders (after all, who wants
to worry about escaping/SQL injection attacks/etc) however the
placeholder functionality is often provided by the DB drivers and are
not specific to Perl or DBI.

Placeholders are also sometimes called markers.  I haven't played
with MySQL's C API but I believe mysql_bind_param() here:
http://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz/MIRRORS/ftp.mysql.com/doc/en/
C_API_Prepared_statements_function_overview.html

is the placeholders binding implementation.