[isf-wifidog] PHP syntax question

Wireless Guy wirelessguy at optonline.net
Mar 24 Mai 23:48:59 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm kind of new to PHP and wanted ot understand a bit more about the errors
that I'm seeing.
I don't know if I have some kind of issue with my own system or if there
are bugs in the CVS that current users just don't see because they have
systems that are already operational.

One I have everything installed I'm getting some errors in the
classes/user.php file.

This function here has two underscores. Is that correct? (this is in the
current CVS as well).
Changing it to one _ gets me through that page, but I still have other
files to figure out.

         /** @param $object_id The id of the user */
         function __construct($object_id)

If I leave the __ (two underscores) alone, the system complains about a
line within the function.
Line 250
Fatal error: Non-static method Locale::_() cannot be called statically in
/var/www/html/wifidog-auth/wifidog/classes/User.php

  throw new Exception(_("User id: ").$object_id_str._(" could not be found
in the database"));

I'm trying to understand where the actual issue lies. Perhaps I have
something wrong with my httpd.conf or php.ini files.

Thanks.