[isf-wifidog] mac-address patch cry for help

Mina Naguib webmaster at topfx.com
Lun 23 Mai 18:48:40 EDT 2005

On 23-May-05, at 6:26 PM, Saul Albert wrote:

> Dear ilesansfil peeps
>
> well after a long and frustrating battle, we are (at the moment) giving
> up on nocatsplash and returning to wifidog, and the attempt we made to
> patch it to do mac-address reporting.
>
> I made a very silly attempt which failed completely, but Schuyler did
> have a go too. Here's a patch which represents his best attempt.
>
> If one of you who knows wifidog intimately could have a look at it -
> and
> (wishes) see what you can do. Maybe this isn't too far off, and just
> needs a nudge in the right direction.
>
> voila patchfile:
>
> thanks :)
>
> Saul.

Hello Saul

I'll adopt your patch.

I didn't patch it into the wifidog code yet, but I looked into it
directly.

1. Cool idea!
2. Good code. Looks fine. You're even using safe_strdup !
3. Are you posting it here asking for help ? Is it not working as
expected ?

and finally for wifidog group:
4. This is cool bean. You plop the MAC address of the wifi interface in
the auth server and there's no need to configure the gateway ID in the
client.  Does anyone see a reason why not to incorporate this into our
tree ?