[isf-wifidog] PHP parse error in AuthenticatorLocalUser

Rex Wheeler rex at fuzzy.com
Mar 17 Mai 03:25:56 EDT 2005

I am trying to get the WifiDog auth server installed for the first time
and I am having difficulty. I have unpacked the files on my web server,
added the smarty and magpie files, created the database, and put the
login and document root path in the config.php file.

I am using the current files from CVS as of a few hours ago.

When I try and navigate to the site I only get a blank page in my web
browser. In my /var/log/httpd/error_log file I get the following error:

PHP Parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or
T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in
/var/www/html/wifidog/classes/AuthenticatorLocalUser.php on line 46

Any suggestions as to where I should start looking to debug this? I am
new to PHP, but have done lots of programming in other languages.

Thanks,

Rex