[isf-wifidog] Upgrading Questions

Francois Proulx fproulx at lecameleon.net
Jeu 12 Mai 14:40:09 EDT 2005

Hello Aaron and to all of you inquiring for upgrading from a few months old version of Wifidog,

Lots of changes have been made to the SQL schema and as of march we're using a new PHP script validate_schema that is called only on index.php (home page). We recommend you go the the home page as soon as you do CVS update of your server to see if there are any database updates.

I'd recommend that you make a backup of the whole database before upgrading.
Do all ALTER TABLE from the CVS version you have until 2005-03-24.

As written in 2005-03-24 changelog :
BEGIN;
CREATE TABLE schema_info (
tag text PRIMARY KEY,
value text
);
INSERT INTO schema_info (tag, value) VALUES ('schema_version', '1');
COMMIT;

As of now upgrading from a very old version will be a breeze. We support incremental upgrades from 2005-03-24.

I'd also suggest that you create your own local.config.php file with your own local preferences (this file won't be modified when upgrading from CVS).

Seeya