[isf-wifidog] Wifidog plugins

Francois Proulx fproulx at lecameleon.net
Jeu 12 Mai 10:38:51 EDT 2005

I was talking with Mike yesteday that we might need to have somekind of plugin system for Wifidog. As we will create more specific Content that will require external libraries etc... we'll need to find a way to separate it from the Wifidog core. I'd say we should simply release it as .tgz files with the right folders structure along with an INSTALL file containing define constants to add to config.php... Well I need your advice on this. For Flickr support we have a define that let's you deactivate it when the library is not installed (just like we did with magpie). We could have Kate Armstrong's Pattern Language project released as a plugin instead of being integrated... (I know it's bad, but I had to deliver it ASAP for MDCN). The only bug here is with .PO files. How can we release plugins which have their own translations ? Can we "merge" dynamically the .PO files ?