[isf-wifidog] advice on getting wifidog working with our portal service?

Alexandre Carmel-Veilleux saruman at northernhacking.org
Jeu 12 Mai 10:16:37 EDT 2005

> [snip long messages]

	Worth noting that we explicitely don't run a web server on the
little device. Part of that is the limited ram/flash space. Now it is
possible to store a splash page cached in memory. Not that complicated
but I don't know what's the advantage versus a redirect to the original
web source. Except maybe some (trivial) bandwidth usage.

	As for the splash only login, it's purely handleable by the
Auth Server. In fact I wrote one called "wifidog-auth-lite" which lives
in our CVS and uses very minimal PHP to implement a pure splash page
with no auth. It's not currently working, but getting it to run with
the current wifidog is not a big deal. However, this auth server really
does nothing more then generating a random token and always saying yes
to any wifidog AUTH requests it gets...

Alex