[isf-wifidog] NYCwireless and Wi-Fi Thank You integration

Dana Spiegel dana at nycwireless.net
Mer 4 Mai 17:17:23 EDT 2005

Hello All,

Benoit, Michael and some of the rest of the Ile Sans Fil team were in
NYC a month or two ago, and we spoke about creating a mechansim for the
WifiDog server to communicate with the NYCwireless project
www.wifithankyou.com.

I'd like to put this plan out to the community, and get feedback, so
that we can add functionality to Wi-Fi Thank You to let hotspots
automatically be created by wifidog.

Wi-Fi Thank You has a way to register Hotspots currently, and has user
management as well. What I was thinking was basically requiring a "user"
for wifidog instances (like an ilesansfil user), and then have wifidog
talk SOAP or XMLRPC to Wi-Fi Thank You to "register" a hotspot when a
hotspot is registered on the wifidog site. Then, an ID is generated for
the hotspot, and wifidog can always lookup info (RSS feeds, create a
thank you for a specific site) using that ID. The ID can be generated by
Wi-Fi Thank You (it already has this functionality), or can be passed in
via the XML-RPC/SOAP hotspot registration call by wifidog. This will
allow Wi-Fi Thank You to be integrated into wifidog hotspot captive
portal pages automatically (RSS, create thank you links, # of thank yous
badges).

--

Dana Spiegel
Executive Director