[isf-wifidog] Wifidog installation

Philippe April isf_lists at philippeapril.com
Jeu 24 Mar 09:40:29 EST 2005

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 09:23:51AM -0500, Bruno Remy wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I still have downloaded the new release 1.1.0 of Wifidog on Sourceforge.
> Well...Once the flashing of Lynksys firmware to Openwrt is done, how to
> install Wifidog :
>
> a) Should I copy all this downloaded package into the /tmp dir of my
> Lynksys box, and then compile it with `./configure' command ?

You can't, there's no compiler on the Linksys router, you have to
cross-compile it and then push the binaries.

> b) Should I grap it on the web (as mentionned in the on-line
> documentation)using :
> ----------------
> cd /tmp
> wget http://web-site.com/wifidog.ipk
> ipkg install wifidog.ipk
> ----------------
> In this case... what is the REAL link that I have to type instead of this
> generic example :
> "http://web-site.com/wifidog.ipk" wich is not a valid adress, obviously.

If you used the images on www.ilesansfil.org/dist/openwrt/ to flash your
router, you could use our binary packages directly.

Otherwise, you will have to build your own image by downloading OpenWrt,
compiling it. This will build all the cross-compiling tools you need.

Then, to compile a wifidog package:

./ipkg/rules BUILDROOT=/path/to/your/openwrt/buildroot

So the easy way is to use our images, the harder way is to compile
everything yourself, there's no way to do half of it ;)

Let me know if you have more questions!

--
Philippe April
GnuPG: http://key.philippeapril.com/