[isf-wifidog] one-HUNDRED pounds

Alexandre Carmel-Veilleux saruman at northernhacking.org
Lun 21 Mar 00:21:51 EST 2005

On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 11:30:01PM -0500, Michael Lenczner wrote:

> The company I work for, MyHotZone.com are offering GBP £100 to the
> first person to be able to reliably integrate the WiFi Dog captive
> portal script with the WL-500b/g . The Router needs to be able to act
> as a Wireless Access Gateway with RADIUS authentication and have
> redirection features to redirect the user to an external portal page
> with ssl support. An example portal page is at
> https://212.113.195.2:8002/Test1/Portal

	If the portal is to run on the WL-500, I would think that 100
pounds would work up to a very small hourly fee.

	Otherwise, no actual wifidog modifications are required on the
gateway side (assuming that openwrt fits on the Wl-500.) Changing the
captive portal to fit their business model is a differentt matter.

	I guess merely adding radius to the portal and stripping all
the user management code to deal with the radius users would suffice.

> They are doing this because they are big fans of the WL500 and to see
> if the WL500G/B is good enough to work as an access gateway in a
> comercial environment. If anyone is interested in this little piece of
> homework please let me know at niall.igoe at broadbandwifi.co.uk

	I would think it would take a day or so to have it running. I'm
surprised they're trying to have it done by someone else.

Alex