[isf-wifidog] fyi - mutt

Michael Lenczner michaellenczner at yahoo.ca
Ven 18 Mar 16:21:42 EST 2005

questions/comments/concerns?

http://blog.publicip.com/2005/03/ive-got-wifimutt_17.html
---------------
I've got a WiFiMutt
It's official... I have shredded wifidog to pieces and
it's now a new server. You could call it a mutt. All
that remains is a few classes and some logic. It's
changed so much that it could probably use a new
name... Maybe I'll name my dog Spot.

All the fundamental coding for the new server is
complete. Login and accounting is working beautifully.
Any limit or class changes will automatically take
effect in under a minute - You will not be required to
logout and back in to update your class or other
settings.

Not sure if i will make this an official distro, but
the source code will be available via cvs to maintain
compliance with the GPL license which WiFiDog is
distributed under. However usage of the new public ip
server will not be free (before you post any flames,
you better read the GPL). Once i get a few of the
configuration interfaces done, i will make the source
code available for the server and gateway. It should
only take me a couple weeks to get this to a point
where you can take your turn at hacking it to fit your needs.