[isf-wifidog] Uh oh! We apologize ...

Mina Naguib webmaster at topfx.com
Jeu 10 Mar 23:32:07 EST 2005

isf at plec.ca wrote:
| Hi all !
|
| I was playing with wifidog 1.1.0_beta1 and found/hit the new captive DNS
| feature ;-)

Actually the captive DNS portion was never merged out of my own play
branch in CVS until I iron out some bugs with netfilter and conntrack.

| ---------------------
| Uh oh!
| We apologize, but it seems that we are currently unable to re-direct you
| to the login screen.
|
| The maintainers of this network are aware of this disruption. We hope that
| this situation will be resolved soon.
|
| In a while please click <link>here</link> to try again.
| ---------------------
|
| It took me 10 minutes to figured out where this message was coming from. I
| think the message must be easy to understand for any people reading it.
| And tells users why this message is displayed. At first, I thinked it's
| the new firefox bug message page ;-)

In the newer versions (beta3 or current CVS) the message is clear that
it's from WiFiDog (alone with the color scheme et cetera :)

| The main reason is because I don't want to go to internet, but only enter
| the web interface on the router and I did not connect the router to my
| home network for this administration task. So the captive DNS send me this
| web interface. If no acces is granted, it's hard to manage without an ssh
| client.
|
| Mina can you do something to allow direct HTTP request to the router's IP
| address ?
|
| And by the way, can someone write a nice message in french and english ?
| (mon anglais s'améliore peut être, mais c'est loin d'être du Shakespear)
|
|    Pascal

Hmm. For some reason your http traffic was re-directed to wifidog when
you tried to access port 80 on the router (as opposed to *through* the
router).

That should not have happened.  I'll look into the rules.