[isf-wifidog] Uh oh! We apologize ...

isf at plec.ca isf at plec.ca
Jeu 10 Mar 21:50:25 EST 2005

Hi all !

I was playing with wifidog 1.1.0_beta1 and found/hit the new captive DNS
feature ;-)

---------------------
Uh oh!
We apologize, but it seems that we are currently unable to re-direct you
to the login screen.

The maintainers of this network are aware of this disruption. We hope that
this situation will be resolved soon.

In a while please click <link>here</link> to try again.
---------------------

It took me 10 minutes to figured out where this message was coming from. I
think the message must be easy to understand for any people reading it.
And tells users why this message is displayed. At first, I thinked it's
the new firefox bug message page ;-)

The main reason is because I don't want to go to internet, but only enter
the web interface on the router and I did not connect the router to my
home network for this administration task. So the captive DNS send me this
web interface. If no acces is granted, it's hard to manage without an ssh
client.

Mina can you do something to allow direct HTTP request to the router's IP
address ?

And by the way, can someone write a nice message in french and english ?
(mon anglais s'améliore peut être, mais c'est loin d'être du Shakespear)

   Pascal