[isf-wifidog] Possible problem with Laika

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Lun 7 Mar 22:01:50 EST 2005

On Monday 07 March 2005 10:59, Michael Lenczner wrote:
> 1) we need to let people know that the verification
> email can often be found in their junk mail.

Unless they have their filter set to only consider everything but whitelisted
addresses as junk, I only see one reason why this would happen, and it's
because the mail comes from a DSL IP pool.  Even so, they's have to have a
really badly configured mail server.

> 2) I think it might be useful to revisit why we have
> this system in the first place  - specifically, I'm
> wondering whether we should give someone 24 hours
> access before we lock them out?

In practice, that would mean people just wouldn't bother creating real
accounts anymore, and they could get unlimited internet as often as they
like.
--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/