[isf-wifidog] Possible problem with Laika

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Lun 7 Mar 01:09:22 EST 2005

On Sunday 06 March 2005 21:35, Philippe April wrote:
> I just tested the chain, it works well but I have comments:
>
> 1. Port 22 outgoing is blocked so I couldn't do my regular SSH port
> forwarding to check my mail. Perhaps we should accept this for the
> validation period?

Why are any ports blocked during the validation period?

> 2. I just realized, if I did like a lot of people and double-click on
> links instead of single-clicks, well I'd probably get an error message
> at the login page. Therefore, I would not get the "you get 15 minutes
> of access, please go ahead, thank you" but "Access denied" or something
> like that, because the token would already have been used.

The token shouldn't be burned by a double-login, there's a problem with our
login.

> I think we should do something about that. Perhaps we could detect...
> If the token has been used already, but it's only been a few seconds
> only, spit out the same message because "it's been double-clicked".

Actually, that may be the worng solution to the problem.  We should put a BIG.
RED message in the portal page saying that the user is in validation mae, and
reminding him of what it is.

> Input? Input? I say we open port 22 and do something for double-clicks
> like I mentionned.

What are we trying to prevent by not opening all ports in validation?

> Perhaps we should be a bit closer to the users. How about just taking
> time to walk into a frequently visited cafe to ask the users "now, how
> was signing-up and all? painful?"

Yes we should, but I refuse to go to café Supreme...
--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/