[isf-wifidog] FirewallRuleSets & User Classes

Alexandre Carmel-Veilleux saruman at northernhacking.org
Jeu 3 Mar 14:44:29 EST 2005

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 11:51:45AM -0500, Scott Tully wrote:

> If we are concerned about a user having the correct privileges per
> location, then the class of a user should not be determined by a
> default user class, but a default location class (users have no
> class).  If the user's class is not defined, then the user will be
> assigned the class determined by the admin of the location, i.e. the
> default location class.

	Some of my early thoguhts on this (circa early 2004) centered
around a small set of global profiles and then per hotspot classes. The
global classes being customizable in what they can do, but not in the
general class of users they intend to cover:

Class 1 <normal user> would be global, but on my hotspot, I could throttle
them to 1kbps if I really didn't want them using it...

Class 93845 <Mike's> would be a class set up for my buddy mike, existing
only on my access point and granting him what access i trust him to use
properly.

	Class 1 would be the global default.

Alex