[isf-wifidog] FirewallRuleSets & User Classes

Alexandre Carmel-Veilleux saruman at northernhacking.org
Mer 2 Mar 23:51:54 EST 2005

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 08:23:32PM -0500, Mina Naguib wrote:

> If we go that route I think we might need to think at a slightly higher
> architectural level.
>
> For example, why not store the entire class definition on the auth
> server and have wifidog dynamically download it and set it up upon startup ?

	Dynamic download of arbitrary configuration is on the TODO list,
initially, it was for the Teliphone code (i.e.: the reason I wrote the
FirewallRuleSet bit in the first place) but it would generally be very
useful.

	The current config file handling is far too integrated in the
file handling code. I've been meaning to shear it off so that the
config file parsing happens on a memory buffer, abstracting the source
of the data. That way, there's no difference between a config file and
a CGI returned config bundle.

Alex