[isf-wifidog] wifidog gateway daemon died

Hayden Myers hayden at spinbox.com
Lun 27 Juin 12:21:13 EDT 2005

I've finally deployed some wifidog hotspots running the latest gateway
source from cvs, and the latest openwrt experimental buildroot as of last
week.  Today I noticed a hotspot being down in the authserver, so I
logged into the hotspot and found no sleeping wifidog processes, but did
find wifidog processes in zombie state.  wdctl commands told me the
gateway wasn't up.  Running the wifidog init script seemed to fix the
problem.  I'm wondering if I should add an inittab entry or a program to
monitor the wifidog process.  Maybe I should turn on some debugging flags.
I haven't dug into the gateway code yet since I've had no reason to so
far.

Hayden Myers