[isf-wifidog] WiFiDog Roadmap, first draft

Pascal Leclerc isf at plec.ca
Mar 21 Juin 14:14:17 EDT 2005

> There's been little discussion about Benoit's roadmap except for the
> mysql support issue.  You guys had a meeting on the 14th, I think --
> what was the result?

I think Benoit will post the new roadmap and our discussion in few days.
We talked about what will be in auth-server 1.0 and freeze all other new
features for the next version.

For MySQL, I coded few regex that tranlate postgres SQL to build working
MySQL SQL, but I'm not really good with SQL (many changes will be needed
and many SQL query are not correct, also I have many question to ask).
Mostly I change bad SQL key word to a working SQL for MySQL, but many
validations are needed to see if I did the right changes.

To find the regex search for "DBMS_MYSQL" in this PHP file :
http://sansfil.dyndns.org/wifidog-auth/wifidog/install.php.txt

I will have more time to work on the install script and the MySQL code
next week.

> WirelessToronto's priority right now is content.  I'm happy to see
> François <http://old.ilesansfil.org/wiki/Fran%c3%a7oisProulx>'
> documentation on the content distribution system, but I'm still really
> confused by it.  It's be particularly useful if someone who understands
> it could write a "walkthrough" simply describing how to post content
> (even just a chunk of html) on a portal page... I fiddled with it for a
> while, with only moderate success.  If our developers here can get a
> good understanding of it, we'll surely contribute towards improving the
> documentation and/or interface to make it easier to use.

A content management tutorial is a must have (and I think it's planned).
Except Benoit and François no other developpers know how to use it
(Francois give us a quick overview last week and it's amasing what you can
do with this content management).

  Pascal