[isf-wifidog] No such file: content/content.php?

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Mar 21 Juin 10:23:25 EDT 2005

On June 21, 2005 09:22 am, Scott Tully wrote:
> > > Does this work with popup blockers ?
> >
> > Mostly
>
> I attached a few files you can use to get by *all* popup blockers.  I
> haven't found one that stopped my popup yet.   See the redirect.php
> for the code to trigger the popup.

LOL, that's... interesting code ;)  Maybe well use it.

I'm not sure we need to push it quite that far.  If someone really wants to
block popup even when triggered by user clicks, good for them.  What we
currently do is popup the current page in a new window, and use the standard
href to have the browser go back to the original url that triggered the
login.  This has a few benefits:

1-If the popup is blocked, it not a big deal, the user could always just use
the back button.
2-If the user was in a tab when a timeout occured, he will continue his work
from the same tab.
3-If the device does not support popups at all, it works fine.

> FYI - popups don't work on most PDA's.

Not a problem

> The user would still need to know an address, just a short one instead
> of a long one ;-).  This still leaves an issue of cummunicating to the
> user how to get to the stats page.

Yeah, still looking for a magical solution for that...

> If you are not on a WRT, then i would suggest using local DNS and
> apache virtual hosts to capture and redirect them from the gateway to
> the authserver.  WRT users i guess would need libhttpd to help them
> with the redirect?

I don't think I understand what you mean.  From what I understand, we just
made the URL yet a little shorter (from "http://community.org to
http://status) but at the cost of a dependency on captive DNS.

--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/