[isf-wifidog] No such file: content/content.php?

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Mar 21 Juin 01:45:55 EDT 2005

On June 18, 2005 10:48 am, Rob Kelley wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I'm trying to confirm a good authentication through WifiDog to the
> Internet. I'm running WiFiDog 1.1.2_beta2_v2_2, and I've successfully
> connected to my auth server.
>
> When I logon at the auth server page, I get a page with a start button:
> https://auth.nycwireless.net/portal/index.php?gw_id=default
>
> When I click start, I get a popup with an identical page:
> https://auth.nycwireless.net/content/?gw_id=default
>
> When I click start on that, I get redirected a non-existent page (404
> error): https://auth.nycwireless.net/content/content.php?gw_id=default
>
> The good news (I think) is that I now have access beyond the portal.
>
> Is this how it's supposed to work? Has this content.php gone missing?  Am I
> supposed to create it myself?  I can't find any mention of it on the
> mailing lists?
>
> Help much appreciated.

Ok, this is now fixed in CVS.  We must really get our act together on
usability testing, I'm amazed this slipped passed everyone of us...

2005-06-21 Benoit Grégoire  <bock at step.polymtl.ca>
	* portal/inted.pgp:  Implement the start button functionnality (maybe it
would be better to call it "use the Internet").  From now on, once
authenticated and when pressing the start button on the portal, the user will
be sent to the page he originally tried to access.  A second window will be
popped with the portal page so he can come back to it. The window is
collapsed, and can be expanded back by clicking on the link.
	   I tried to make it cross platform (and mostly did) but it's still buggy in
IE.

	  At the same time, this fixes the goof reported by Rob Kelley of
nycwireless.net

	* portal/missing_original_url.php:  Displayed when the user tries to use the
start button but for some reason the original url is unavailable
	* common.php:  New define CURRENT_REQUEST_URL, hopefully containing the full
URL in
	the user's URL bar.

--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/